Thread: Tivo V6 Recordings deleting?
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2018, 16:08   #17
hackenbacker
Inactive

hackenbacker is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
As I understand it the epg is written to by a third party and sometimes the data input is incorrect causing the issues you have raised.

Sadly the V6 and the older TiVo do not have a dynamic epg similar to freeview. For me it is the only omission that has always bothered me.

Note that only really addresses the cross-contamination of Channel 5 / Eurosport "series" in the case of this one sports event.

Otherwise, the EPG is basically correct, apart from when there are late changes (and frankly, these have been happening too often recently. That's a slightly different complaint!)

In many cases, even that wouldn't matter if they could just tell the box - no, you didn't record S1 E3 like you thought you had, so please make sure you record the next showing. Because it doesn't, we have to know that, and be able to make a manual intervention.

I do wish the EPG would update more regularly though. It's a pity, because otherwise the EPG is mostly a LOT better than other systems - being able to determine "new" shows / having dates for previous broadcasts in the EPG is incredibly useful.
hackenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote