View Single Post
Old 24-03-2018, 10:56   #1230
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Nope, it's proportionate and sensible but like the Y2K bug, people will choose to believe otherwise to make it fit their beliefs. Sales people have sown the seeds of doubt in those predisposed to seeking the negatives in anything EU-related and I suspect you may have been at the buying end of such a person. One called them low-hanging fruit to me. Tell them that the EU is as bad as they think it is, flatter them for being right in 2016 and they'll open their cheque books before you can say Jacques Robinson!
Don't use customers' data for the purpose it wasn't intended for. Put yourself in the customer's shoes. Destroy customer data when it's no longer needed.
The issue is effective communication to people like you who try and find negatives in anything from the EU from the UK ICO and not the regulations themselves. That should change in May when their consumer campaign starts.
Proportionate? Sensible? Andrew, this legislation applies not only to medium and large size organisations, it applies to all organisations - even local football clubs and organised litter pickers. I have already found myself trying to dissuade some very active people from giving up their voluntary activities due to this ridiculously over the top piece of law.

For those who don't understand what this is all about, here is a very straight forward guide to what every organisation now has to do. Now just think what is involved to put something together which is going to be compliant with this. The full horror starts to dawn on you when you read this.

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/4...about-the-GDPR