View Single Post
Old 24-03-2018, 01:25   #1226
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You need to speak to the Information Commissioner's Office Old Boy. You've either been mislead or you don't understand its approach. It's taking a carrot approach so don't expect fines, it will take places like yours a bit of time before they understand what's required so you won't be taken to the cleaners just yet.
The legislation is all about giving power to the people and encouraging companies to handle data in the way that they would want their own personal data handled.
I can't see an issue with companies having a privacy statement that confirms data will only be used for the purpose for which consent was given. legal good practice wording is to state a positive, not a negative so your wording fails that basic test.
Remember, a company's legitimate interest in processing data overrule's an individual's consent.
What precise circumstances do you mean? Can you provide an example?
But GDPR probably requires a separate thread itself as I'm seeing lots of intelligent people like you bamboozled and led to the nearest cashpoint by consultants and lawyers.
Thank you for making my point for me so explicitely, Andrew!

Sledgehammer. Nut.