Thread: Tivo V6 Unable to record
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 13:41   #16
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Unable to record

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
All4 , ITV Hub and My5 content is delivered via VM's on-demand delivery systems, there aren't apps for Channel 4, ITV and Channel 5, respectively, on VM. The full amount of content offered by those apps on other devices is not available, just a large selection of it, mostly catch-up, not many boxsets and the like (e.g. you can get other broadcaster's content via All4 and My5 smartTV/stick/mobile/tablet apps, but those broadcasters will likely have separate deals with VM so their content will hopefully be available elsewhere in the V6 menus under that broadcaster's logo).

The BBC offers its full (TV) service since it has its (TV) iPlayer app on Virgin Media. If you are in Scotland you also get the STV Player app, which has a mixture of ITV content (it being an ITV region) and its own archive. These apps work via the internet, not via VM's systems like with ITV/C4/C5 content.

I don't use the Apps & Games menu, I use a combination of the Catch-up and On-Demand menus (on the sub-menus you'll see the various ITV Hub, 4 and My5 logos present there) and pressing Red Button on BBC channels as another way to launch the iPlayer, BBC News and Sport apps.

Basically Paul much of what you are looking for, content-wise, is there. You just need to use different menus than you were using. I recommend setting aside half an hour and just browsing around the V6 menus familiarising yourself with what is where. There are some menus you'll find you'll never use once you know your way about. Plus there are some shortcut remote presses to get to certain areas quicker e.g. to get to Planner with less presses (press 2 on the remote from the Home menu).
Interesting. I thought ITV Hub, All4 and My5 were all listed under apps and games before but maybe I was mistaken.

I don't think everything from the full apps are on demand, but it would be good if they were. This would be far better than having the full apps with their unskippable advertisements. When all the episodes of 'Indian Summers' was on All4, I am pretty sure they were not available within our 'on demand' section.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote