View Single Post
Old 18-07-2022, 00:36   #1466
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Not so much alter your prediction as you be proven wrong.

I’ve been reading licence fee abolition stories since I was in nappies, OB. There’s nothing substantially changed.

And regardless - even if I accepted the premise which I don’t - I still think a commercial player would jump at being in a position to be there when someone presses “1” on their TV.

I have not been ‘proven wrong’, jfman. We are nowhere near 2035 yet but I recognise that time is a concept that you have difficulty grasping.

I don’t see the point in your reference to a ‘commercial player’. If the government decides to use the existing TV bandwidth for something else, there won’t be such a choice.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

It’s not inventing things to say operators have internet outages. Most of them have a faults page such is the regularity these occur!

The bit in bold is demonstrably untrue by virtue of how frequently you wish to reduce consumer choice, not increase it.
I have not denied that internet outages occur. Pretty infrequently in my experience. As I said, power outages occur too.

The bit in bold is, in fact, true, whether you care to believe it or not. It’s a prediction, not a desire on my part.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Some Conservatives…

Others are sympathetic to keeping the licence fee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51530752

That post reflects the tone of a lot of your posts - all or nothing, sweeping statements/opinions posted as facts, and no/little supporting evidence, often distorting/misrepresenting things - are you Nadine Dorries?
It’s just my prediction, Hugh. Other views are available.