View Single Post
Old 17-07-2022, 22:09   #1465
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
As I said, you misunderstand. The Conservatives have long been sympathetic to the replacement of the licence fee with a subscription method. As long as this preference continues, then it will end up as legislation and the Beeb will be obliged to cease having the licence fee available to fund their operations.

That is my premise. If anything changes, then clearly that would alter my prediction.

So pray tell me, if the government decides to go for the licence fee being abolished in favour of a subscription, how exactly is broadcasting from transmitters remotely possible?

That is your challenge, jfman. It’s not about personal preference or what you believe people want, it’s about practicalities.

My prediction is based on what I think will happen, not what I prefer will happen. Personally, as long as everything I want to watch is available to access without having to sit through adverts, I am happy. Others can do as they please.

But everything I predicted in 2015 is coming to pass. Nothing has happened that seriously challenges that prediction. And it’s still only 2022.

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

I’ve never had problems with streamers either. Any more ‘problems’ you want to invent?
Some Conservatives…

Others are sympathetic to keeping the licence fee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51530752

That post reflects the tone of a lot of your posts - all or nothing, sweeping statements/opinions posted as facts, and no/little supporting evidence, often distorting/misrepresenting things - are you Nadine Dorries?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 17-07-2022 at 22:25.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote