View Single Post
Old 17-07-2022, 17:48   #1458
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

I don’t think I’m misunderstanding your position at all. I’m simply pointing out the inconsistencies within it. A streamer going out their way to create an ad driven service (presumably at additional cost?) = good. A linear channel maintaining a presence - to every television in the land regardless of internet connectivity at low cost = bad/uneconomic.

I’m still yet to see you quantify how much is actually saved in this process. None of the BBC examples count as they each involve a reduction or increase in commissioned content. I’ve always been clear my statements are in relation to maintaining linear in addition to the same content being streamed.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Broadband isn't and never will be as reliable as a tv signal.
Didn’t you hear the Tory leadership candidate that promised full fibre for all by 2025?

Oh yeah he became PM, watered it down to gigabit capable and only 85%, £5bn became £1.2bn in the current spending review. Anyway on the whole he left a lot to be desired and they binned him.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote