View Single Post
Old 19-05-2022, 10:09   #1340
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
OB quote the line that refers to the proportion of viewers who exclusively watch on demand content.

I'm not sure why you are asking me to contest that on demand viewership is rising? I've never contested that point only your absolute assertion that it will inevitably reach 100% and specifically by 2035.

There's many reasons for a broadcaster to push streaming. Principally to sell consumer data probably, analytics about who is watching and when. However that doesn't necessarily mean they will do so at the absolute expense of linear - as you point out the same content will make it to the terrestrial service. They're technologically agnostic, OB. You are foolish to pretend otherwise.
OK, fine. But I never claimed that a huge proportion viewed VOD only at the present time. Even I don’t do that because a (relatively low) proportion of my viewing is now accessed via recordings.

However it will happen in the future because the broadcast channels will close down, so you won’t be able to access content any other way. It’s not solely about individual viewer choice - it’s all about the way the majority are going, and the content providers will follow that lead.