View Single Post
Old 18-11-2017, 12:51   #1938
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Yes, it sounds like they haven't applied the disregards properly. This is what happens when staff with years of experience are let go and replaced by new staff on lower wages.

They should be paid interest too, in the same way that tax refunds for overpaid tax are when HMRC miscalculates what is due.

Maybe compensation too for having to live even more below the poverty line. I honestly don't know how those who have to live on ESA only manage, I now receive it but am lucky in the sense that I have other income coming in like earnings from work, pensions, investments etc.

This Government has frozen part of this benefit for many (a loss of about £13 a week for a single person) and actually cut it for others (a loss of about £43 in total).

Yet, those in the House of Lords can (perfectly legally) get out of a taxi, leave it running, sign in to say that they attended and run back to the taxi. For this they get £500 a day. When challenged about this, the arrogant bustards said that as lawyers can charge up to £600 an hour, the taxpayer is getting a bargain!!!

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 18-11-2017 at 13:00.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote