Thread: VM Business Hitron modem or router mode query
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2020, 19:20   #8
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Hitron modem or router mode query

Of course if you are allowed to install a wireless acecss point on the LAN behind the Cisco 881, and provided the 881 is allowing local breakout (as opposed to routing everything via a VPN tunnel) that might get you the wireless acces syou are looking for.

I realised I missed your last question. If you need a second VM Business service they will almost certainly not run a second coax in - they will install a splitter on the incomming coax cable and add a second Hitron.

They did this for me some time ago when I was migrating from the old Superhub1 based VM Business service as I was on the trial of the 200 Mb/s Hitron based service, so they had both running side by side for a period, on a single cable with a splitter.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote