Old 12-08-2022, 09:32   #4445
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
"Such trivia" refers to the small proportion of what we paid into the EU that we got back at their discretion.

It is, of course, a great shame that the stupid Guvmin doesn't seem to be improving on that.
I think the problem is they didn't have a plan B (some might say they didn't even have a plan A, but that's another discussion). We left with our Government expecting the world to be tripping over itself to get us to sign a trade deal and we'd all be living on milk and honey. Meanwhile in the real world, that hasn't happened and most of the rest of the world has watched us threaten to renegade on the biggest deal we signed and then acting like a child crying because we've not got our own way. The next PM and their team need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves how they're going to repair out reputation which is becoming evermore tarnished. Let's have at least the bones of a plan - the meat can come later, but give us some idea what direction they plan to follow otherwise HMS UK will end up going in circles getting nowhere. One thing we must not do is sign deals at any price, and a good start would be employing people who can read to at least have a quick glance through any deal before we sign. That would be an improvement on what appears to have happened with the deal we signed with the EU.

Oh and I got my new photocard the other day and didn't notice any flag, but then I can't say I ever noticed any flag on my old one either. Trust me when I say there're many many more important things to worry about in life.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote