View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 14:28   #34
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: How long have you had cable BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
According to VM it's been 25 years for me - Nynex to start and then Cable & Wireless, as the phone service was massively cheaper than BT at the time.
Shame that C&W died, as they had a very rich history.

Broadband came later with NTL. That was mindblowing, pictures no-longer loading line by line over dial-up. I'd never been so excited!

Still got the different phone sockets and coax faceplates dotted around the house - Nice bit of history!

Tom
Back when this forum began, it was always part of offering advice to find out whether the poster was in an ‘original NTL’ or ‘ex-C&W’ area before proceeding. It’s all a hazy memory now but I think the diagnostic tool was to ask what colour the EPG graphics were.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote