View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 12:59   #38
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar 2020 Nominations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I still haven't seen The Irishman.
I wouldn't bother, I don't feel any better for having watched it other than the fact that I needed to for the Oscars. It is an interesting story but I kept hitting pause on the remote to see how far through the film I was and when it finished I couldn't help but think it should have been a 2 hour film and not 3:30. I think it was nominated for an editing Oscar which is quite hilarious.
Everybody moans about films that are 3 hours plus and I have always defended them. Off the top of my head I am thinking of LoTR, Meet Joe Black, Avatar, Dances With Wolves, 2012, Titanic and a couple more that aren't immediately coming to mind. The point is though that I love all of them, they are good stories and you want to watch them. You aren't going through it thinking "are we near the end yet" but you do with The Irishman.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote