View Single Post
Old 24-07-2019, 14:10   #7
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: 216.218.206.86 in VPN log

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I tend to agree. Automated port sniffers are widespread.

I suggest you give Shield's Up test a go.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
OK I tried your link, first of all without, VPN. My unique "machine name" was revealed. However, when I tried a VPN location in the Netherlands, it wasn't revealed.

I then proceeded to the all-important test without VPN. Here I got "THE EQUIPMENT AT THE TARGET IP ADDRESS DID NOT RESPOND TO OUR UPnP PROBES!"

That is good news, especially considering I have UPnP enabled on my ASUS.

I was running uTorrent at the time, well known for letting outside servers know your local ip address, but that is behind a proxy server.

Would I be right in saying that I am pretty secure? I am visible to hacker scanners, because my WAN IP is easily found, but I am impenetrable with or without VPN. Naturally, I have my router firewall enabled, also DoS protection. Ping response is turned on.

Last edited by roughbeast; 24-07-2019 at 14:36.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote