View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:01   #2297
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Personally, I have no problem with BBC having ads as such, as long as the content that wouldn't necessarily generate huge advertising revenues (such as much of the output of BBC Four) is protected. Adverts do not bother me, as I just tend to ignore them.. What does concern me is that advertising budgets are finite. They have limits. Introducing a massive amount of advertising space to a market that is arguably already flooded with it will drive prices through the floor, and the resulting reduction in income WILL have a negative impact on all the commercial TV channels in this country, which will negatively impact the quality of shows produced by those channels. Arguably the increase in commercial channels since the 80s already has affected ITV in this way.. Look at their output. Throughout the 80s and 90s, they had at least one good, high budget drama on every night (apart from Saturdays, which often had the latest films). Now, we have various reality or "talent" shows every night..
To my mind, we already have advertisements between programmes on the BBC, with all those promotions we get for their own TV and radio programming.