View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 18:07   #414
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I didn't know that, maybe it will return in HD then

Yes, Freesports will be switching off their SD feed. Not sure what they'll do once the HD valiant is on Sky whilst they wait for Sky do sort out the adaptation hub for Freesat. Maybe SD and HD will run in tandem for a short time, or the HD feed will be downscaled for Freesat??
Well they need a SD feed for Freeview still, so maybe they will downscale for both? Or keep it off-EPG like in-store TV streams.

What does an adaptation hub actually do? I'm surprised to say I haven't heard of one before. If it is what it sounds like I don't see what Sky has to do with it, broadcasters buy transmission space from satellite companies, Sky don't own any satellites.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote