View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 18:58   #4075
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
From experience firstly with my then gilrlfriend's father.

He was a small(ish) pig breeder and when they were farrowing used to be up 24/7, I used to spell him occaisionally when I was there but he insisted no longer than an hour, that enabled him to get at least a little shuteye. . That was UK law at the time, check daily on the animals you are breeding to ensure their health and safety (not the eact wording), he had no problem with that, the more piglets that survived, the more profit he made.(for British bacon production.)

Other than the 7-14 days they were expected to farrow (give birth) they were free range, most were in and out in less than 10 days. There was a very good reason for it. But that's a different story.

At the time I was being trained to be a qualified slaughterman (as well as a master butcher with a family firm). I worked 7 days a week to get my certificate as a slaughterman and more time to become a master butcher.

Now a question for you. Why is my exgirlfriend's Father no longer breeding pigs and why I am no longer recognised as a "Master Butcher". I know some Supermarket chains claim to have one but that is BS I could bury everyone of them after all these years and all because of the EEC morphing from an economic Union into a political one.

I bet you've never heard of British Bacon because you've only ever seen Danish.

Rant over.

Never eaten Danish bacon in the UK. Only ate Danish bacon in Poland.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote