Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2021, 11:53   #3737
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It’s up there with

Quote:
‘We will not avoid deaths by the measures being taken. We can only delay them’

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=2145
That was also true at the time. Now we have vaccines (and it was far from sure that we would actually see these delivered), the position has changed.

With vaccines being rolled out, delaying the spread of the virus is a viable solution. But without it, delaying was prolonging and risking more mutations along the way.

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I hate (really hate) lockdowns, as well as the hype & paranoia around the virus.

However, anyone can see that Easter is never going to be an option to lift all restrictions.
Its only 7 weeks away - I would expect some restrictions to be gone by then, but ALL of them ? Not happening.

You are living in fantasy land if you think that.
I don’t see it happening either, but it should. Given that the vaccination rollout will have got to the stage it will have by Easter, hospitals will no longer be in danger of being overwhelmed, which was the justification for both lockdowns.

More people will still be advised to get vaccinated, sure, but these are the people who have a far lower risk of hospitalisation. You only have to look at the figures to see that.