View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 20:59   #10010
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, of course it is, which is why they tested the waters!

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Quite so. But what that’s got to do with a football streaming service is beyond me. All they would have on there would be football matches. Obviously.

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

(sigh) Because they were testing the waters first.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

I have already pointed out that most if not all Sky or BT subscribers to the football would simply change allegiance. Of course they would. Footie is everything to them.

And if Sky and BT can make a profit, so can Amazon, or whatever other streamer comes forward with big trouser pockets to make a bid in the first place.
It’s becoming harder to quote your posts than Sephs on here so I’ll respond in one go. The fact you view a ‘football streaming service’ as separate from the rest of the pay tv market is your first error. It exists in the basket of products, and yes that includes other sports to maintain year round interest.

You continue, perhaps naively, to portray this as “if sky can do it anyone can”. No, Old Boy, that is not necessarily true. The purpose of a rights auction is to place the bidder at or near the limit of what they are willing to spend.

That means the second, third and even non-bidders have less optimised business models to generate revenues from the rights. That’s the purpose of the auction that Amazon didn’t bid a single dime on last time in the first round.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote