Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 09:05   #7358
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Because it’s very easily to put in hard checkpoints at Airports and ferry terminals. As they do now

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

That may be a genuine element for negotiation. If the N.I. Assembly agreed we they could say freedom of movement applies to eu and N.I. But not GB. Unless DUP block, which is fine.
Unless I have misunderstood are we saying that the border would be between the island of Ireland and the mainland? I think this was originally what the EU suggested but the DUP would lose their minds over it, makes it seem like Great Britain is a different country, so that's why the backstop applies to all the U.K?