View Single Post
Old 22-01-2009, 13:20   #213
Davey
Inactive

Davey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I've had Phone, TV and Internet with Telecential/NTL/Virgin for bloody YEARS! I've been quite lucky with the service but when things have gone bad trying to get help is like trying to get blood out of a stone! And that seems to be most peoples issue, the customer service levels are a joke!

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby0167 View Post
I have found the customer services department to be "nice but dim", friendly, apologetic on the whole, but about as much use as a chocolate teapot. The department that deals with you when you are threatening to leave are again polite and friendly, they do try to get things sorted, get very cross when things don't go to plan, but sadly you can never get through to the same person (even when you have their full name, department and extension), so you are forever going round and round in circles. The technical department are appauling. I am yet to speak to someone without a thick indian accent. Now i want to make this clear, i am not racist, but I object to spending so much time on the phone just trying to deciper what the other person is saying, feeling embarassed and stupid for not understanding them, and desperately trying not to sound angry when being patronised for fear of being interpretted as racist. This is made even for frustrating when said technician interupts you before you have said more than three words of explanation of what the problem is - sorry I made the call, I picked up the handset, dialled the number and therefore initated the dialogue, so i believe it only fair to have a fair chance to explan the need for said dialogue. Not good. Then you get some bogus, long, drawnout and confused technical explanation, when i explain that I have a first class honours in computing and am more than capable of understanding the basic concept of a network, suddenly the tone goes from appathy to anger, or is it panic that they have been caught out? I always make a point of being polite and patient with people who work in call centres, it's not their fault, they didn;t cause the problems and until I call aren't aware i have a problem. But some people really push this to the limit. Sadly most of Virgin's BB technical department have become expert at this.
I just want things fixed, I want Vrigin to be honest with me, have the decency to contact me when they change things (and not hide it in the small print of a huge amount of junk mail) and make every effort to fix it when things go wrong. When did it all get so complicated? I ask for x, y and z, you supply them to me and i will pay you an agreed price. Why do we need to go round and round? I'm sure my problem would have been sorted out months ago if people would stop the spin and be honest. That I could take, I could understand and work with.
Couldnt agree with you more!
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote