View Single Post
Old 17-12-2003, 12:33   #2
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Just when you think its all over

added note *Transfering my NTL phone number to my 2nd BT line

Little did i know that NTL managed not transfer the ring tone correctly/at all last week as first thought, as the NTL phoneline was dead (didnt have a dial tone) i naturally thought NTL had released the ring tone but they hadnt and the result was if someone phoned the BT line wouldnt ring

(i guess NTL must have thought i was a physic)

I was advised by BT to check with my local NTL cs that they had released the ring tone and notified BT (under oftel regulations NTL has to notify BT that the release is/was complete)

upon ringing my local NTL cs i was told by the local NTL csr yes everything had been done at their end but she would have a word with someone and re-check, as i was put on hold the call dropped.

So i decided to call BT 150 got straight through & spoke to a BT csr i was then transfered to BT number portability & told they would re-check that NTL had sent the importing orders if the line is still the same in 20mins call back and we will investigate things further, as soon as i put the phone down it rang amazed i picked it up and it was the NTL csr phoning me back as she had realised the line had disconnected while i was on hold and to let me know the line was now released, i thanked her for phoning me back to let me know.

Problem sorted

I then phoned BT to let them know that NTL had phoned me to confirm that the problem had been rectified.

So it seems something as straight forward as transfering an NTL Number to BT phoneline can run into complications.
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote