View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 15:34   #42
gt94sss2
cf.member

gt94sss2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwesome
At a guess some BT exchanges although adsl upgraded can only handle a certain adsl speed (someone will nodoubt correct me if this is incorrect).

Trouble with Bulldog is that your limited to 512k during non peak time wouldnt be so bad if on the 2meg package you were limited to 1meg during peak times during the day and i think someone has already pointed out that you are tied to a 12 month contract (if you look hard enough you can find a 3month and lower contracts) so if you find the service not to your liking then you have a long wait till you can jump ship..
hehe - consider yourself corrected

All BT ADSL exchanges can cope with the same speeds (as they all have the same equipment fitted) - it just that Bulldog use a different method of backhaul from some of the exchanges to its core network which allows to offer services like its Primetime "time of day" offering at those exchanges

I have to say I now use Bulldog Primetime 2000 and for less than £30 its very good value - even during the day when its supposed to be capped at 512K - I can get 600/650K

Also, if you do have problems that Bulldog can't resolve they appear to offer to release you from the contract.

If anyone does want to join Bulldog - would they mind contacting me privately so that I can refer them

Appartantly over 50% of Bulldog's new business currently comes from such referrals!
gt94sss2 is offline   Reply With Quote