View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 15:30   #41
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt94sss2
Ah - that probably explains it..

You cannot get "free reconnection" as yours is not a "reconnection" - as you are the only people ever to have lived there.

On new estates/building projects etc, BT sometimes (with the agreement of the builders) install telephone lines for the residents while the houses are being built - its easier for both BT and the builders to do it then rather than afterwards.

However, BT do not charge the builders for this installation - instead they charge the 1st residents who decide to use BT (which would be you)

Hence, it sometimes looks like a reconnection, including to the people living there - until they realise that its a new house and no one has lived there before. The next issue is obviously why the builders didn't pay

btw BT are not allowed to deviate from their price list - OFTEL rules, so cannot "discount" it from you and not for everyone else

I will prolly have to pay it, but it seems a little hard to swallow when other in the same position get connected for free.
Does make me wonder if they want my business or not! Saying that I haven't actually phoned them yet, so I'll let you all know how I get on.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote