View Single Post
Old 19-06-2022, 07:29   #718
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: US President Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
<SNIP>

The Republic's not proposing to breach an international treaty nor entertain discussions on following Russia's lead in exiting the European Court of Human Rights.

Based on this context, you can see why a POTUS from any party might take a hostile tone to the UK. And, that's before we've even considered the impact of Irish American votes and the Democrats' bond to the Good Friday Agreement which it views as one of its great foreign policy successes.
You've conflated current politics with Biden's underlying loyalties.

When Biden was President Elect, he was approached by the BBC and he said "BBC? I'm Irish" and walked on.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...heeky-dig-bbc/

You're also ignoring Irish government perfidy whose attitude dishonestly rides on the Good Friday Agreement when the row with EU is about UK sovereignty and the customs difficulties of trade between GB and NI.

Yes, as far as I and many are concerned, Biden (and Pelosi) could usefully stop breathing, and Varadkar too - the Irish Tanasty.

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 19-06-2022 at 07:39.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote