View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 12:06   #726
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Changes on the High Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Challenge for the retailers is that they need a critical mass of customers to keep the business going; unfortunately, a lot of people will use the on-site shops to look at stuff, then shop online for better prices.
Good retailers like the archery shops I know keep customers because the customers want to keep the shops going. They are rare enough that if you make the journey you tend to spend your money. And in this market you can possibly but a little cheaper online and there maybe more options online but the difference for the cheaper items is small and for more expensive items you want the support of the shop.
Again it's value add - so, for example, if you switch from some Korean limbs to Hoyt (or reverse) do you know you likely need a new string even on the same size/weight because of minor differences in the limb horn. (I had some strings made that just coincidently work on both).
For arrows it's even more important to visit and buy from a store as (apart from basic/beginners) you get arrows cut to your length, weighted and spined to your bow and draw weight, once cut they need to be fitted to correct pile (point) and so on. Then you get to try them out to make sure it's all working OK and get you bow adjusted to new arrows. (I use wooden arrows so make my own at home from parts supplied, the options are less critical so I can order on-line and that's fine - those who are more demanding will go to store and select shafts one-by-one, checking straightness, grain similarities, spine characteristics etc. Again not something you can do on-line.