Thread: VOIP
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 11:48   #8
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: VOIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Depends on the setup in your office, same as it depends on how each provider does their home service.

But OFCOM have published guidance this month as to what they expect a residential VoIP service to do:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultatio...ions-power-cut
Good document - lots of detail.

I like the bits that say you can be "at risk" if you don't have a mobile phone in addition to the more obvious (disabled, infirm). I also like the fact that it is tech neutral - providers have to provide a means to contact the emergency services for at least 1 hour (too short) during a power cut and that should be "free" - but doesn't dictate what the solution is.

I don't like the idea that one solution is to offer a free emergency use mobile, that still needs to be kept charged and findable. My corded phone is near the front door so can get light from street and I know where it is.