View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 10:55   #8
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
Re: Your never to old

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickp
40? That's positively juvenile, NEONKNIGHT! ;-)

I can give you 18 years, and I'm sure there's plenty of people here older than me!
I played my first computer game some 45 years ago when I worked for the DSIR. When they had open days at the National Physical Laboratory they used to run a driving game on the ACE computer (fastest in the world at the time with its 1 MHz processor). You should have seen the size of it with not a transistor in sight but thousands of valves. The software for it was all on punched cards with a couple of switches rigged up to move the car (a single lit lightbulb). The idea was to keep the car on the road (between two parallel lines of lit lightbulbs in a giant grid). We also had DEUCE which was a production version of ACE with a lot of the components in cabinets rather than the open frames of ACE.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote