View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 13:24   #550
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Sir Keir Starmer elected as new Labour leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
When it comes to the IRA there was no bigger supporter than Comrade Corbyn. Labour knew that and still elected him there leader, thankfully he's a no body now. I was in NI when he was on a parade alongside Gerry Adams. He called IRA terrorists Hero's
I am in agreement with that.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I would never vote for a Labour Party candidate when Corbyn was in charge of the Party. There's lots of very good reasons that veterans and others hate him, I've never wondered too much about which one people might pick.

But your being part of a cordon to protect Jeremy Corbyn does not mean that he fully supported the IRA. I take an evidenced-based approach on such matters hence my enquiry.
This didn’t help his standing with the military

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...rthern-ireland

Quote:
Corbyn has given interviews in which he has been challenged to condemn the IRA’s campaign of violence unequivocally – without equating it to other parties involved in the conflict – and has declined to do so.

He was repeatedly asked if he condemned IRA violence specifically in an interview with BBC Radio Ulster in 2015, but answered by saying “I condemn all bombing” and then: “I condemn what was done by the British Army as well as the other sides as well.”
Quote:
In October 1984, two weeks after an IRA bomb killed five at the Tory Party conference in Brighton, Corbyn invited convicted IRA volunteers Linda Quigley and Gerry MacLochlainn to the House of Commons. It caused uproar at the time.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote