Thread: British culture
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2021, 17:03   #19
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: British culture

I don't care about British culture.I was born in the former British colony of Nigeria and I was the different one. Then I came back to a country I was a stranger to when I was 7/8 old.Again I was the odd one out. The fact is we are an island that has been invaded by other cultures for a couple of thousand years and we coped just fine.We have been welcoming our European and Commonwealth cousins for a few centuries and we haven't lost a thing.We have in fact grown.We got on quite well with the those displaced during 2 world wars and I thought we were doing well in being part of the EU when we accepted our neighbours across the channel and they accepted us moving to the EU to work and live. I think we were enriched by being part of a bigger whole. British culture is just a mish mash of all those who have invaded and migrated to us. That IS our culture.