Thread: Amazon Star Trek: Picard
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 16:23   #160
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Picard

I flipping loved this weeks ep. I read an interview a while ago with the shows creator Alex Kurtzman and he said that they weren't going to do fan service and old characters would only be in the series if the story needs them to be but they are clearly going out of their way in terms of nostalgia and trying to make it as close to the heart as possible whilst making it look new and different. There are so many little things in each episode which are a nod to the past and I love it.
I have previously said that I would love to see the entire TNG cast reunited and on screen at the same time, even if it was only for one scene in a single episode. They are clearly trying to pace themselves at the moment and treat us with something different each episode. As this is a three-season story arc and we know Guinan is coming back in season 2 I am hoping they eventually get Geordie and Worf back and however the story goes, the season (and maybe series) 3 finale has them all together. It will be a very special moment.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote