Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2022, 00:03   #1378
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Why not it’s your raison d’etre.

I very clearly made a counterpoint however you appear to be oblivious. Which is unsurprising given the nature of your selective quoting but that’s entirely how you derail the debate to ignore the inconvenient points and pollute the thread with paragraph after paragraph of speculation, opinion, conjecture, pseudoscience and misinformation.

I can make any silly point I wish this evening and none so ridiculous as your claim that if mask wearing was effective we should have reduced Covid spread to within households at the same time pubs and restaurants were open with households mixing maskless.

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

Probably the pubs and restaurants. Last I checked it’s difficult to drink a pint through a mask. Which is what made your claim that mask wearing should have reduced transmission to within households preposterous.
Right.

So let's simply entertain the unproven and somewhat bizarre hypothesis that wearing a hankie over your face somehow stops covid, which is basically what you're saying.

Let this be true for a split second. Reality knows it isn't but that never enters into your agenda.

So anywhere where mask wearing is mandated doesn't spread covid as the masks stop covid.

So covid can't spread in any shops, museums, places of worship, hospitals, public transport, cinemas, art galleries, schools, concert halls... etc etc

Basically anywhere but pubs, restaurants, nightclubs, households, outside

So what's the plan then?

Given that as you said you can't eat or drink with a mask on, are you saying to close pubs and restaurants again? Even though SAGE modelling proved last winter they were not a location where disease spread? Or will you go back to the absurdity of wearing a mask to and from the table but taking it off when sat down, as though this has any impact?

Are you going to ban household mixing given that in the absence of other vectors and the mask mandate that this is clearly where the virus is spreading? And how are you going to put the population under surveillance to ensure this doesn't happen?

Let's see your solution. I see plenty of criticism from you but no answers.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote