Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2022, 22:08   #1374
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He was born and raised in Lincolnshire.
I know this but his family is from Vietnam originally, his father was a maths teacher at Boston Grammar school, this is his grandfather, so his father presumably moved over here...

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
That does not say they were wrong and is not yet peer reviewed it is a pre-print publication and even states (my bold).

Now go find a peer reviewed one.
You highlight an important point though.

"Vaccination rates are very high" - What does this exactly equate to, both in terms of 1st/2nd doses and boosters (the latter clearly wasn't a thought if it wasn't recent study). One would expect a reputable scientific study to put some quantification on that.

"tight fitting masks and respirators will be necessary" - So who considers the cloth nonsense we're using to be in this category?

Given that the gov site shows the following as of tonight:
90.6% of 12+ had a 1st dose
83.3% 2nd dose
63.3% Booster or 3rd dose

You would probably consider this to be a high level of vaccination, especially considering a lot of kids' parents probably don't consider the vaccination to be of benefit to them compared to other risks (heart inflammation especially in younger sporty teen lads, for example), and that a fair amount of this roll out is being done via schools for safeguarding reasons, that it may for such reasons not reach the kids as easily as it is right now for an adult to be jabbed.

It also reads on as a single thing to me - when you're vaccinated enough, you don't need masks. Which makes sense, because even if the protection is partial, the immunity from vaccination still makes it less likely for a person to have covid and spread the virus which is also what masks try and reduce.

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

Suffice to say, I would trust professional virologists, medics etc such as JVT, Whitty, Harries, Hopkins, and the likes of Meaghan Kall working for UKHSA, ahead of non-peer reviewed research, which may be right, but in reality can say anything.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote