View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 13:07   #25
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Venezuela Crisis & Sham Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
lol, your obsession with the UK somehow turning into Venezuela knows no limits. JC does not plan to nationalise every company and the UK has tons of checks and balances in place and a long history of Parliamentry democracy to counter extremism.
Please stop talking our great nation down.
Well, I remember life under Labour during the 1970s, when Britain became a basket case and had to go cap in hand to the IMF. Do not underestiate the damage this Marxist and his Marxist Chancellor could do to this country, and in a very short time.

Do you really believe you can make life so uncomfortable for the 'rich', whom JC despises, and keep our economy afloat? If the 'rich' take their money elsewhere, you will very soon come to realise that this man is an absolute menace and a threat to our very way of life. Just like they have discovered in Venezuala.

None of my remarks are 'talking our great nation down'. They are actually aiming at keeping our nation great.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
You dont think much of Britain or it's citizens do you. It'll take more than one man winning an election to turn us into a dirt poor South American crap hole, still I'm sure some people's comments here won't be forgotten next time someone's being berated for talking Britain down or being unpatriotic in the brexit thread
You are so wrong. A dangerously incompetent and misguided Prime Minister would do great damage to our economy and all that we hold dear. Let us not sleepwalk into such a nightmare.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am no admirer of Corbyn but to put it pretty bluntly l am no admirer of this current administration either so it will be one from a pretty bad bunch when it comes to my vote at the next election.
There is no comparison. There's a difference between an inefficient Conservative Government (due to its lack of a parliamentary majority), and a reckless Corbyn led government, which would bring the country to its knees in double quick time.

I think the citizens of this country collectively have more sense than to elect him, but what we really need is a Conservative Government with a good majority in Parliament. That is the only way to deal effectively with the problems we face as a nation.

There may well need to be a realignment of politics in this country, but as things stand now, the Conservatives are the only party with any sense of how to get the UK back on its feet. But without a majority in Parliament, it is stymied.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote