View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 14:22   #81
tizmeinnit

Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
What's wrong with the current system is that it's become a lifestyle choice for too many people. That's not good for UK PLC and it's certainly not good for those who really need support and have no other choices because resources which could and should be made available to them are being directed at people who don't deserve them.

Yes it is harsh and yes it will involve hurting people (including my youngest) who haven't done anything wrong but IMHO it's the only way to get back to a system in which welfare is there as a back-up for those in genuine need and not a means by which some people can drift through their lives and go on to bring up their children expecting others to support them in turn.
that I do not contest but the governments propaganda is pushing the worker to believe its all down to the unemployed

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
it's good he's trying,but what good is it if his 'business' can't support him and he relies on benefits anyway? Time to do something else,really...

also,why should IDS prove to anyone he can live on benefits... he's done it before and has worked himself to the top,good for him I say. But I guess in Britain AD 2013 it's string up the well-to-do...
no less than the string up the claimant crew...