View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 18:58   #6
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: The future of Premier League on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
In my view the future is still Sky and BT despite the unsubstantiated exaggerated protestations of some on here who think the future is very much different.
The only way I’d see it likely to change significantly in the next round would be the league deciding to sell games themselves by subscription or on a PPV basis (or a hybrid). The problem is that’s a huge risk.

I think it’d pay off in the long run however Sky/BT money is cash in the bank with zero risks. Sky/BT also provide effectively free advertising for the league through much of it’s content. That wouldn’t be easy to replicate.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote