Thread: 200M Occasional Dropouts
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 15:56   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Occasional Dropouts

Too low. Upstream power is the shub's responsibility but I don't know whether a new shub will fix it or whether your tap point needs moving in the cabinet (or both). You can do one of two things. Normally I would want to get a tech out to see what he thinks and you have got the peace of mind the problem will be resolved. He can give you a new shub or move the tap point. The problem is that in the current climate I don't know what tech visits are like, if they are still doing them and how long a delay there is going to be if they are operating at reduced staffing levels. If they tell you it is going to be 2-3 weeks and you feel the intermittent disruption is intolerable, I would ask for a new shub to be sent out. It will be next day delivery and you can hook it up in a few mins and you'll know instantly whether the problem is fixed or not. If it isn't then you can revert to the tech visit for further investigation.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote