View Single Post
Old 24-05-2022, 08:31   #2354
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Andrew, he stated originally that this is what he was told. He said it in Parliament. If he didn’t keep repeating ‘he was told’, it matters not, because that was clearly his understanding. A lot of this was going on behind his back, so clearly he was relying on what he had been told. He can’t be everywhere, and he is a busy man.

As for people being fined at the event Boris Johnson did attend, as far as he was concerned, it was a farewell speech. It’s what happens at work when someone leaves, so it was a work event.

If others were fined it’s because they stayed as it turned into more of a social event.
You don't have a link for your quote. Even if he said that before, his final quote "I have satisfied myself that the guidelines were followed at all times" is sufficient for my purposes.

If you think that table of booze did not suggest a party was imminent or in progress, I would have difficulty in trusting in your eyesight or common sense.