View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 19:58   #1063
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

The following statement is for the benefit or any Phorm or Virgin Media directors, employees or subcontractors who are lurking on this forum to gather information about why some VM customers are against the OIX system:

I now believe that I do have a clear understanding of how this system will work, and I am still implacably against it. This is not because I don't want to be targeted with advertising. It is not because I think that the system will allow my browsing habits to be linked to my identity. My objection is on a fundamental level: I believe that no organization (with the exception of my elected government, under certain, strict circumstances) should have the right to monitor, gather or analyze any information about what I read, write or buy unless I give my written consent to that organization in advance, regardless of whether that information has been anonymized or not. This includes the routing of said information through hardware within my ISP's network that has been installed as part of the Phorm system when I have opted-out, irrespective of whether a digest of that information is created or not. I believe that to do so infringes my right under European law to a private life.