View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 23:19   #561
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yeah but for some reason political parties seem scared to announce tax rises. Even Labour, with this leadership, are limiting tax rises to the over £85,000 bands. I think almost everyone would need to pay more really, maybe excluding the lowest earners.
I think they haven't quite realised that people have wised up to all the false promises of better services etc and lower taxes which we've all heard before. People want want decent services and I think realise they have to be paid for so I feel that those politicians who are up front about the reality of tax* rises won't be quite so harshly judged.

* in whatever form they come.

I could look look back and begrudge the fact that Osem Jnr now has to live with a 5 figure debt for his higher education when I was paid for the privilege (albeit not very much) but I accept that these things have a value and there's no better way of devaluing anything than making it free...

Last edited by Osem; 18-05-2017 at 23:27.