View Single Post
Old 18-12-2015, 23:14   #1527
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Nail, head seems to fit here.

Every relaease of the MS system has had problems in the beginning, and we all expect issues at the start (at least I do from experience).

I understand that what MS are trying to do here is complicated for them as they've never tried cross platform in this way before. Yes they've tinkered with attempts, we know that.

I can see what they want in a cross platform system and I can see the benefits to the user. They still need to get their act together though IMHO.

Does W98 still get security updates?

Updates only last for a given number of years, the only exception ever has been XP.
My guess is Windows 98 doesn't but Windows 7 still gets them and that was released in 2009, so I expect every future update to be the same for several years after they're released, I didn't mean to say forever.

You gave me the impression in your original post you thought the security would be fixed in a few months then you would upgrade to it.

For me Windows 10 is the best version of Windows so far, at least for what i use it for, although I like the Windows 7 theme a little better.