View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 19:33   #35
grimlea
Inactive

grimlea is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin's New PAYG Tariff - Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
in my opinion if some one was going to be spending £20 a month on their top ups they would be better of on a contract either sim only or one with a handset.

what i was saying was on any network i feel 20p a minute flat rate is to high esp for those who can perhaps only afford to top up their phones by £5 a month.

20p cross network is not bad that seems quite fair but to land lines and same network i feel it is to high.
There are far more ppl on PAYG in the UK than contract & sim only. There are a variety of reasons for this such as wanting to be in control of their usage & costs, not wanting a credit limit, credit scoring reasons etc, etc.

If you look at the market shares on PAYG you would note that the 5 with by far the largest market share all have similar charges (around the 20p mark). The company with by far the largest market share og the PAYG market is o2 who charge 25p flat rate. What all of these companies have in common is that they all run a top up & get incentive. These top up & get incentives have driven customers to these deals.

As far as voicemail is concerned, Virgin have been losing a lot of money keeping this as a free feature for their customers - T-Mobile charge Virgin quite heavily for this & Virgin need to share that cost with their customers if they are going to run the top up & get incentives that customers have been asking them for. The vast majority of Virgin PAYG customers who have gone to other networks have cited that they are leaving due to Virgin did not having top up & get features. Basically Virgin are giving customers what they are asking for.
grimlea is offline   Reply With Quote