Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2020, 13:09   #391
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Whats wrong with a 'bit of gay'

The flintstones were having a gay old time every week. No one complained.

Its going to feel a bit different as we are 980 years in the future. I feel that once Discovery reappears then we will get back to more Trek feeling.

Its still good and enjoyable. Not sure why you have a problem with 'gayness'

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Not me, I am not watching it. It doesn't feel like Star Trek. You have got a senior staff which is just a bunch of wet nellys and you wouldn't think have been to Starfleet Academy. The universe seems to revolve around one person every episode has to have a gay drama of the week. It isn't Star Trek and that is why when Pike & co came into it it felt like a breath of fresh air and revitalised the series. It will be interesting to see if ratings fall this season and the series gets cancelled like the DV series.
It won't be getting cancelled as Season 4 starts production next month.

Also we knew before the show started that it would be different as it was confirmed early on that the show would focus on one main character and not a set of crew members.

I also wouldn't at all say there has been a 'gay' drama every episode. Think you are inventing things that aren't there.

Go watch Lower Decks, you might enjoy that. Also you'll be happy then that Pike is getting his own spin off show.