Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2020, 16:49   #308
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Gtr Manchester has been in special measures since July. The new tier 2 would actually ease one of the things we have had to do. No visitors to our homes ibut we would be now able to meet in our gardens. SO having been in the equivilant to the new tier 2 for 3 months we are in a strong position to say that it won't work. Gtr Manchester has seen its levels rise week after week. to the point when schools and the universities came back on line the figures were spiraling to the highest in the country.

When the equivilant tier 2 didn't work why should we believe that, against medical advise/predictions, tier 3 will do any better to help the NHS. The only thing that will happen is that more companies will have to close becaue there is nothing in place to help them stay open and even more people will become unemployed.

Gtr Manchester is not trying to score any points in the Party War. the Councillors, Mayors and MP come from all Parties.

The people who live in Gtr Manchester are royally pissed off at the attitude of the Goverment who refuse to see that we want a better way to try to bring our figures down when we have already proved that their way will not work. Andy Burnham is not playing party politics he is fighting for his people's survival.

This isn't about us wanting special treatment it's about us wanting a better option. Close everything for 2/3 weeks. Give England a chance to slow down the infection rates, stop making decisions based purely on how much help costs. Oh and mybe claw back some of the money paid out to their mates.

I am not an economist or scientist and I have no political axe to grind. I just live in one of the Gtr Manchester Boroughs and I have had enough.
A excellent rationally thought out post jo.

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
What we NEED is an effective test and track system. One that is easily available within one's town.
+1