Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 17:54   #187
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

I think on balance that OB has the better of the argument between him and jfman.

His key point is that where have the lockdowns help crush the virus? OB has long acknowledged that the lockdowns are simply a device to narrow the flow of CV patients into hospital and does nothing else.

I'll remind what I said a week or so ago which casts doubt on OB's preference for herd immunity:

1. It's a coronavirus and no vaccine has been found for other CVs (AFAIK);

2. Nothing is known about immunity from CV - rather to the contrary reinfection is known.

3. The vaccine scene has gone rather quiet, which means that it'll be a long time before general release may occur (if at all) and that depends on the amount of immunity granted.

3. Treatments have improved to help restore health.

Maybe the two of them will now converge on me!

My advice is at your risk.