View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 20:48   #13556
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Fools, brand names and their money are easily parted Hugh
And people who think a £2.98 pair of sunglasses have adequate UV protection should be careful about calling others derogatory names...

Did the market stall holder tell you they had UV400 protection and the same lens clarity as RayBans?

I have 2 pairs of RayBans - 1 Aviator and 1 Wayfarers; I’ve had the Aviators 30 years (bought them in Dubai Duty Free on the way back from NZ), and the Wayfarers around 11 years, so they have cost, in total, around £4 per year for both pairs. I see that as good value - cost and value are two different things.

A further example of cost vs value is 250 grams of mince versus 250 grams of 30 day aged Aberdeen Angus sirloin steak - at Aldi, the Scotch Aberdeen Angus beef mince is £7.18 per kilo, so that would cost you around £1.80, whilst the steak would cost you £4.49, or £19.78 per kilo; I'm having the steak*...

*I really am - it's for my dinner on Tuesday when my wife is out meeting with a friend she hasn't see for a few months; medium steak with a peppercorn sauce, and thick cut chips, washed down with a large glass of Malbec or Shiraz (tbd) - yummmmmm
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 12-08-2018 at 21:12.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote