View Single Post
Old 15-11-2018, 12:33   #408
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Except that it hasn't.

If I tell CF that I am vulnerable because I have learning difficulties and sometimes I cry when people disagree with me, what does the forum do to alert users to this fact?

If they don't label that person, what do they do? It's a fair question, surely.
No site would label the individuals, that would be wholly innapropriate for obvious reasons. However, if it is known that a disabled person (or any other person classed as vulnerable/disadvantaged) has particular needs, reasonable adjustments should be put in place.

This may come to light from:

- Self definition e.g. a man may mention that he has a male partner without expecting homophobic treatment.

- A person who has dementia might decide to make this known to explain their circumstances and should expect people to be kind & understanding as opposed to being bullied because they keep forgetting things.

- A black member may decide to upload their photograph and shouldn't be subject to racism.

- A woman should not have to put up with sexist comments.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Tell me how.
Aspergers and ADHD will affect you as you have been diagnosed with these conditions by a medically trained professional.

There are common problems caused by these conditions, but this will obviously vary from person to person. I won't patronise you by going into the details as i'm sure you're already aware of them.

You are a perfect example of someone who has chosen to declare that they have a disability and shouldn't be treated badly as a result of your circumstances.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote