Thread: Mesh Wifi
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2019, 10:27   #23
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Mesh Wifi

I'm on a VM superhub 3, compared to the SHub 1 its ace, but... even in our 3 bed terrace it still struggles to reach the end of the house despite being sited centrally. I use power lines with minimal loss (80-90 of a 110 Mbit connection) but do have annoying infrequent dropouts and no way to control access like I could with the M5's through software (kids times, bedtimes etc)

I'm giving thought to the TP-Link Deco M5 3 pack.

I've discounted the Tenda rubik's cube things due to dodgy software etc.
Plus significantly poorer results.

Nova review: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/tend...-review?page=1

Deco review: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/revi...deco-m5?page=1

People are saying I should get the M9 instead of the M5 because it's twice as fast etc, but I'm not sure if they're thinking of commercial usage. My house isn't a typical PH Mansion and I'm only on 110 Mbit in any case. The Deco's also come with dual ethernet ports which would be good for my upstairs smart tv which as ethernet ports.

Cost is a consideration too, the 2 pack of M9 is a lot more than the 3 pack of the M5 (3 physical units with dual Ethernet ports would be more versatile than 2 as well)

Thoughts/Ideas?

Last edited by techguyone; 24-09-2019 at 10:37.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote