View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 23:35   #677
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
FAO Mods

I repeat my earlier question to the mods: have you told anyone at Virgin about the general feeling on this board (if they don't know already)? What was/is their response?

I will keep repeating that question until I/we get an answer, because we need to know what they think. Before I/we do anything drastic such as changing ISP, I/we need information on which to base an informed decision - and I do not mean the spin we're currently getting. One way or another, I for one want the TRUTH about what the hell's going on! Are we supposed to believe that Virgin Media's so hard-up they need a company like Phorm to inject some cash into 'em? Come on!

Hang on, I've just thought of an apposite quote (from Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon):

In any agenda, political or otherwise, there is a cost to be borne. Always ask what it is, and who will be paying. If you don't, the agenda-makers will pick up the perfume of your silence like swamp panthers on the scent of blood, and the next thing you know, the person expected to bear the cost will be you. And you may not have what it takes to pay.

So: what, really, is the agenda here? Who's paying (us, most likely)? In what coin?

And can we afford it?

Myself, I don't think so. Nor do I see why we should have to. This is not what we signed up for.