Thread: New Computer
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 22:52   #34
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: New Computer

OK. I give up, you clearly understand computers far more than me.

Just do me one favour though, for the freaking love of God stop referring to Ethernet as USB you completely destroy any credibility you know the first thing about anything with electronics when you persist in this.

Your old crappy XP computer used a USB dongle to connect to the Internet via Ethernet. Because your old computer had no dedicated Ethernet port it wasn't a 'USB' connection, just a electronic bodge to get round the lack of ethernet port.

Ethernet
noun: Ethernet; plural noun: Ethernets
a system for connecting a number of computer systems to form a local area network, with protocols to control the passing of information and to avoid simultaneous transmission by two or more systems.

USB
A Universal Serial Bus (USB) is a common interface that enables communication between devices and a host controller such as a personal computer (PC). It connects peripheral devices such as digital cameras, mice, keyboards, printers, scanners, media devices, external hard drives and flash drives.

Ethernet isn't scary, it's easier to use than Wi-Fi no password or worrying about antenna/signal strength etc, you literally plug one end of the lead into the back of your computer (yes yes I know, it destroys your Feng shui feeling you have going) and the other end into the modem... err Superhub1

Woosh like magic you're connected - fancy that.

Anyways... I get the feeling I'm not getting through, so enjoy your WiFi computing...

I'm out.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote